The Ringgold County Treasurer's Office is located on the second floor of the Courthouse on the square in Mount Ayr, Iowa. Office hours 8:00am thru 4:00pm Monday through Friday; driver's license hours are 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Treasurer Debra A. Cannon
Treasury Management Deputy Tammy Paxson
Motor Vehicle/Driver's License Deputy Matt Starmer
The Roles & Responsibilities of the Treasurer's Office
The treasurer is responsible for the receipt, management, disbursement, financial reporting, and investment of all monies paid to the county and serves as an agent for the State of Iowa Department of Transportation and Iowa Department of Revenue. The county treasurer is elected every four years at a general election.
The treasurer is responsible for the proper receipt, accounting, and disbursement of county funds within the policies established by the State of Iowa, Ringgold County Board of Supervisors, and corporate and unincorporated taxing entities for adequate financial control.
- Motor vehicle titling and registration and driver's license issuance
- Collecting Use Tax
- Preparing and mailing annual tax statements for property tax collections
- Tax apportionment to all taxing bodies and investment of county funds
- Balancing financial records
- Receipting all funds coming into the county from the various departments
Contact the Treasurer's Office
Mon-Fri 8am - 4pm