Ringgold County Supportive Services Director
Ringgold County Supportive Services is a non-profit organization that was founded in 2000. RCSS has a Board of Directors and also serves under the Ringgold County Board of Supervisors. RCSS’ governing 7 member board is comprised of a case management representative, our local CPC, a representative of the Ringgold County Board of Supervisors, 2 community member and 2 individuals’ family members.
RCSS has high standards and is CARF (International Commission on Accreditation for Rehabilitation) accredited. In January 2013, RCSS received a three year accreditation, which is the highest accreditation possible in the service of Community Integration. Each month activities are planned to help each individual to learn, build self-esteem, gain connections in the community, and make wise choices all while having a good time.
- Must be age 18 or older
- Diagnosed with a intellectual disabilities
- Must be able to function on a 6-to-1 ratio
- Secured funding source or methods of self-funding
- Varied curriculum centered on providing increased independence in the areas of social, self-help and independent living skills
- Daily physical exercise and activities
- Community activities and outings
- Cooking sessions, including menu planning and grocery shopping
- Recreational and leisure activities
- Increased social/peer support groups
- Goal based activities
It is the mission of Ringgold County Supportive Services to provide a safe environment for adults with intellectual disabilities with an emphasis on helping each person to become as independent as possible and a more valued member of society.
Our philosophy is that “We are a non-profit organization established for adults with intellectual disabilities with an emphasis on helping each person served become as independent as possible and a more valued member of society.”
Contact RCSS Coordinator
507 S. Henderson
Mount Ayr, IA 50854