LOGO (1)

Military Records

Military Records and Information

Application for Military Record of Service

Military discharge papers (known as DD214's) may be recorded as permanent records and certified to perfect claims. In order to obtain a certified copy, the original document must first be recorded at the Recorder's Office upon discharge from service. You may request a certified copy by completing the Application for Certified Copy and mailing it to:

Ringgold County Recorder's Office
109 W. Madison Street
Mount Ayr, Iowa 50854

There is no charge for the copy.

If you did not record your discharge papers at that time, and cannot locate the original, a copy of your discharge papers may be obtained by contacting the National Archives and Records Administration.

The DD214 must be recorded before the military exemption can be applied toward property tax reduction.