To apply for a position, complete and return a Ringgold County Employment application to the department and address listed in the posting.
Ringgold County Employment Application (not used for Sheriff's Office positions)
We are currently accepting applications for the following position(s):
Assistant Director/Administrator for Veterans Affairs
Due to the retirement of the Executive Director, the Veterans Affairs department has a job opening for Assistant Director/Administrator with promotion, pending successful completion of National certification training. Veteran hiring preference applies. Administrative background extremely helpful. A complete job description and employment application are available at the Veterans Affairs office or County Auditor’s office. Position is part time, 20 hours per week, T-Thurs 9am to 4pm with prorated vacation/sick leave. Background checks will be completed on all candidates interviewed prior to selection and offer. All applicants must submit an employment application, resume and (2) references with one being current (or last) employer, to Ringgold County Courthouse, 109 W. Madison St., Mount Ayr, IA 50854.
Questions may be directed to Dennis Adkisson at 641-464-2397 or Cathy Kilgore at 641-344-2860.
- Real estate and GIS experience preferred
- Basic understanding of assessment & property tax process
- Strong math skills helpful
- Basic knowledge of construction practices helpful
- Excellent verbal, written & telephone communication skills
- Basic knowledge of computers and database applications
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Walk on varying terrain in all weather conditions
Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Take required classes & tests to become a Deputy Assessor
- Assist the Assessor as necessary
- List, measure & price properties according to industry standards and mass appraisal processes
- Update GIS system as needed
- Process property transfers per recorded documents
- Learn tasks & other duties within the Assessor’s Office
Competitive Wage & Benefit Package, Post Offer Physical Capacity Exam Required
Application Deadline June 19, 2023
How to apply: Submit completed Employment Application, Resume, Cover Letter & References to:
Melinda England, Assessor
Ringgold County Assessor’s Office
109 W Madison
Mount Ayr, IA 50854
Wayne-Ringgold-Decatur Landfill Heavy Equipment Operator
This is a full-time position with benefits including health insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, and IPERS.
Wage based on experience. Full job description available at Landfill.
Please apply in person at:
21377 125th Ave
Grand River, IA 50108
Secondary Roads Maintenance - Seasonal
Ringgold County Secondary Roads Department has positions opening for Road Maintenance Seasonal Employment.
- Temporary, up to 5 months
- 40+/- hours per week, depending on department needs.
- Valid driver’s license
- 18 years or older
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Work outside in adverse conditions
- No benefits available
- Applicants must be able to pass a driving record screen, pre-employment physical examination, background, and drug/alcohol test.
A full job description can be obtained at the Ringgold County Engineer’s office. Please apply at the Engineer’s Office at 707 South Henderson Drive in Mount Ayr or online. Applications can be turned in at the Engineer’s office or emailed to email@example.com. Applications are available and accepted until position is filled. Applications on file are only valid one calendar year from the date of submission. If you have any questions, please contact the Engineer’s office at 641-464-3232.
Ringgold County Conservation Director
Please click here for information on the position and how to apply.
It is the policy of Ringgold County to provide equal treatment to all Ringgold County employees and applicants for Ringgold County employment without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, except as bona fide occupational qualifications may require otherwise. This policy applies to all human resources actions and procedures including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, training, compensation, benefit programs, promotion, demotion, transfer and termination of employment.