To apply for a position, complete and return a Ringgold County Employment application to the department and address listed in the posting.
Ringgold County Employment Application (not used for Sheriff's Office positions)
We are currently accepting applications for the following position(s):
Director of Information Technology
Ringgold County is seeking a full-time IT Director. The director shall provide hands-on direction and coordination of County’s Information Technology Department including technology needs assessment, development, support of in-house or third-party computer applications, and management of the County's network. The ideal candidate will have experience working in virtualization, Windows operating systems, Windows server environment, firewalls, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft 365. The IT Director must be able to work independently with little or no supervision, be reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligations.
Ideal candidate may possess an associate’s degree in networking, computer science, or a related field, with a minimum of 2-3 years of related job experience.
Salary depending on qualifications, background and experience, plus generous benefit package. Successful applicant must be willing to relocate to Ringgold County.
Complete job description and application are available at the Auditor’s Office, 109 W. Madison St., Mount Ayr, IA 50854.
Send completed application form, resume, and cover letter to:
Ringgold County Auditor
109 W. Madison St.
Mount Ayr, IA 50854
Accepting applications until the position is filled.
Supportive Services Direct Care Staff
Ringgold County Supportive Services (RCSS) is accepting applications for a full time position of Direct Care Staff. Days of operation Monday-Friday 8:30am-3:30pm.
- Applicant must be a High School graduate age 18 or older
- Experience working with those with disabilities, such as intellectual disability preferred
- Full time benefits- Paid Individual Health Insurance, vision, dental and life insurance.
- Paid holidays, no evenings or weekends
- Current physical exam including Tuberculosis test at entry. Hepatitis B series will be offered to all new employees
- Negative record for criminal background and adult/child abuse registry.
- Physical capability of lifting (10 to 20 pounds), bending, standing, stooping, kneeling, reaching (vertical and horizontal), and walking utilizing proper body mechanics.
- Motor Vehicle operator’s license and ability to obtain/maintain class D license
- Complete and maintain CPR/First Aid training
- Complete and maintain Dependent Adult/Child abuse training
- Complete and maintain Medication Management classes successfully
Application may be found at the link above or from Ringgold County Supportive Services (507 South Henderson Drive). Applications will be accepted until position is filled. A complete job description may be found here.
Send application and resume to:
Chanelle Cole, Ringgold County Supportive Services
507 South Henderson Drive
Mount Ayr, Iowa 50854
Secondary Roads Maintenance Operator
Ringgold County Secondary Roads Department is accepting applications for the position of Maintenance Operator.
- Full-time position with competitive benefits package.
- Probationary period of six months.
- Completion of high school or G.E.D.
- Within 6 months of hire, possess a valid Class A CDL and Certified in First Aid
- Knowledge and experience of the methods, techniques and practices of road construction, maintenance and repair as well as related equipment.
- Applicants must be able to pass a driving record screen, pre-employment physical examination, background, and drug/alcohol test.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
A full job description can be found here. Applications can be turned in at the Engineer’s office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are available and accepted until position is filled. Applications on file are only valid one calendar year from the date of submission. If you have any questions, please contact the Engineer’s office at 641-464-3232.
It is the policy of Ringgold County to provide equal treatment to all Ringgold County employees and applicants for Ringgold County employment without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, except as bona fide occupational qualifications may require otherwise. This policy applies to all human resources actions and procedures including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, training, compensation, benefit programs, promotion, demotion, transfer and termination of employment.