To apply for a position, complete and return a Ringgold County Employment application to the department and address listed in the posting.
We are currently accepting applications for the following position(s):
Public Health Part Time Home Helper Position
Ringgold County Public Health is accepting applications for a part-time Home Helper. Must be 18 years of age. Daytime, week-day hours only. Valid Iowa driver’s license and reliable transportation a must. Transportation mileage costs are reimbursed at the federal mileage rate (currently $.56/mile).
Submit Ringgold County employee application form and minimum of 1 letter of recommendation to:
Ringgold County Public Health
109 West Madison
Mount Ayr, Iowa 50854.
Applications accepted until position filled.
The Ringgold County Assessor is now accepting applications for a full time Deputy Assessor offering a competitive wage and benefits package.
- Real estate and GIS experience preferred but not required
- Basic knowledge of construction practices helpful but not required
- Excellent verbal, written & telephone communication skills
- Outstanding math skills
- Basic knowledge of computers and database applications
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and walk on varying terrain in all weather conditions
Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Take required classes & tests to become a Deputy Assessor
- List, measure & price properties according to industry standards and processes
- Update GIS system as needed for changes
- Process property transfers per recorded documents
- Learn tasks & other duties within the Assessor’s Office
Position will be open until filled
How to apply:
Submit completed Employment Application, Resume Cover Letter & References to:
Melinda England, Assessor
Ringgold County Assessor’s Office
109 W Madison
Mount Ayr, IA 50854
Sheriff's Office Dispatcher/Jailer
All applicants must meet the minimum hiring standards. This is a full-time position and will consist of day and night shift hours, holidays and weekends. Starting pay for this position is $16.80 an hour non-certified applicant. With increases up to $19.80 after successful completion of training and orientation/probation period. We offer a complete benefit package including paid medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, life insurance and retirement plan (IPERS). Uniform will be provided.
All applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age upon date of hire.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be able to read and write the English language.
- Pass a background check.
- Pas a pre-employment physical.
- Pass a psychological screening.
- Must have working knowledge of the Windows Operating System.
- Pass drug screen.
Duties will include, but not limited to, receiving information requiring law enforcement, fire and/or medical response and transferring the information via radio and/or phone to proper emergency or non-emergency services. A complete job description may be found here.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION(S) ARE FILLED.
*Due to Iowa code. Female inmates must be supervised by female jailers*
It is the policy of Ringgold County to provide equal treatment to all Ringgold County employees and applicants for Ringgold County employment without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, except as bona fide occupational qualifications may require otherwise. This policy applies to all human resources actions and procedures including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, training, compensation, benefit programs, promotion, demotion, transfer and termination of employment.