To apply for a position, complete and return a Ringgold County Employment application to the department and address listed in the posting.
Ringgold County Employment Application (not used for Sheriff's Office positions)
We are currently accepting applications for the following position(s):
Sheriff's Office Dispatcher/Jailer
Ringgold County Sheriff's Department is accepting applications for the position of Dispatcher/Jailer.
This is a full-time position and will consist of day and night shift hours, holidays, and weekends. Starting pay for this position is $18.22 an hour for a non-certified applicant with increases up to $21.22 after successful completion of training and orientation/probation period. We offer a complete benefits package including paid medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, life insurance and retirement plan (IPERS). Uniforms will be provided.
All applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age upon date of hire
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be able to read and write the English language
- Pass a background check
- Pass a pre-employment physical
- Pass a psychological screening
- Pass drug screen
- Must have working knowledge of the Windows Operating System
Duties will include, but not limited to, receiving information requiring law enforcement, fire and/or medical response and transferring the information via radio and/or phone to proper emergency or non-emergency services.
*Due to Iowa Code, female inmates must be supervised by female jailers*
Dispatcher/Jailer Application for Employment
A full job description can be found here. Applications can be turned in at the Sheriff's Office or emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are available and accepted until position(s) is filled. Applications on file are only valid one calendar year from the date of submission. If you have any questions, please contact the Sheriff's office at 641-464-3921.
Secondary Roads Maintenance Operator
Ringgold County Secondary Roads Department is accepting applications for the position of Maintenance Operator.
- Full-time position with competitive benefits package.
- Probationary period of six months.
- Completion of high school or G.E.D.
- Within 6 months of hire, possess a valid Class A CDL and Certified in First Aid
- Knowledge and experience of the methods, techniques and practices of road construction, maintenance and repair as well as related equipment.
- Applicants must be able to pass a driving record screen, pre-employment physical examination, background, and drug/alcohol test.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
A full job description can be found here. Applications can be turned in at the Engineer’s office or emailed to email@example.com. Applications are available and accepted until position is filled. Applications on file are only valid one calendar year from the date of submission. If you have any questions, please contact the Engineer’s office at 641-464-3232.
It is the policy of Ringgold County to provide equal treatment to all Ringgold County employees and applicants for Ringgold County employment without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, except as bona fide occupational qualifications may require otherwise. This policy applies to all human resources actions and procedures including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, training, compensation, benefit programs, promotion, demotion, transfer and termination of employment.